The Greater Plainfield Business & Professional Association (GPBPA) began operations in June, 2018, as a private NJ non-profit corporation conceived by the former Board of Directors and staff of the Plainfield Special Improvement District, upon its termination by the City of Plainfield in May, 2018, after 14 years of operation.
The GPBPA is a tax-exempt 501c6 corporation (pending IRS approval) and is governed by a new volunteer Board of Directors, presided over by former Plainfield SID President Nimrod Webb, and continues to be professionally staffed by FirsTEAManagement.
A sister organization, Business & Professional Association of the Oranges (BPAO), will collaborate with the GPBPA to extend networking and other membership benefits beyond the greater Plainfield area.
The GPBPA membership is open to businesses and professional firms in the greater Plainfield, NJ, area. All former Plainfield SID members receive free membership during the first year (through June, 2019). The GPBPA membership waiver is separate and not a waiver from the SID tax charged by the City of Plainfield for its municipal SID that replaced the Plainfield SID.
The first quarterly membership event of the GPBPA will be a "Favorite GPBPA Business Awards" holiday reception, funded in part with a grant from the Investors Foundation. More details will follow on this website.
Other GPBPA membership benefits include:
1) quarterly networking events with colleagues
2) social media presence for all members on Facebook and Instagram platforms
3) group dental and vision insurance plan (and health insurance to follow in April, 2019)
4) low cost credit card terminal processing program with BankCard Systems
5) GPBPA Gift Certificate program to increase sales at member businesses
6) monthly membership e-newsletter featuring local political and business news and issues
7) community resource directory for the greater Plainfield area (4th Quarter, 2018)
For membership information, email info@NJBizPro.org, or call (973) 676-8725.